Licensed Veterinary Technician needed for full time position at busy, progressive 3 DVM, 2 LVT small animal animal clinic in Southern Albemarle County. New graduates encouraged to apply. Beautiful rural location, great clients, friendly working environment. Please email resume with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 434-286-6342 Attn: K Degiorgis DVM
Kingsview Animal Hospital is seeking a dedicated and team-oriented individual to serve as a Licensed Veterinary Technician. Kingsview is an established, but growing practice, located in the Kingstown region of Alexandria. The practice recently moved into a new state of the art facility with new equipment. Kingsview offers: surgery, dentistry, wellness, and sick pet care, thereapeutic laser treatment, and more! Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with exams
- Monitor anesthesia
- Placing IV catheters
- Preparing lab samples
- Giving injections
- Monitoring hospitalized patients
- Various housekeeping duties
Licesned Veterinary Technician, 1 year
Excellent benefits include medical/dental, 401k, vacation pay, and employee discounts
Margaret B. Mitchell Spay/Neuter Clinic in Bristol, VA is looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our amazing medical team. If you're looking for rewarding work that actually makes a difference - our clinic might be the place for you!
As a Licensed Veterinary Technician at MBM Clinic, you will be responsible for providing exceptional client and patient care. You will act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarians to deliver the highest quality care from intake to discharge.
- Work under the supervision and direction of a licensed veterinarian
- Represent MBM Spay/Neuter Clinic by providing exceptional customer service and maintain positive relationships with every client and staff person.
- Maintain efficient flow of patients from admission to discharge using excellent organizational skills
- Ensure the safety of our patients, clients and team members by utilizing safe handling and restraint techniques
- Care for, feed, monitor, medicate and perform minor treatment on animals
- Efficiently pre-medicate, induce and monitor anesthesia.
- Draw blood and perform diagnostic testing including but not limited to heartworm testing and feline leukemia testing
- Enjoy working in the fast paced environment of a high-volume spay/neuter clinic
Margaret B. Mitchell Spay/Neuter Clinic
16222 Lee Highway, Bristol, VA 24202
The Chesapeake Humane Society is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician to perform relief work assisting with high-volume spay/neuter, dental procedures, and preventative care. The LVT performs various medical procedures and serves as support to the Medical Doctor and Associate Veterinarians. Relief dates begin on June 15, 2018. Interested parties should submit resume to email@example.com
The Chesapeake Humane Society is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician for a non-exempt, full-time or part-time position. The Chesapeake Humane Society operates a low-cost, high-volume clinic, offering preventative veterinary care, spay/neuter surgery, dentals, and various surgical procedures. The Licensed Veterinary Technician performs some animal medical procedures while providing support to the Veterinarian in Charge (VIC) and Associate Veterinarians of the Chesapeake Human Society (CHS). The incumbent shall uphold and abide by clinic and shelter protocols as set by the Veterinarian in Charge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret medical histories and relay pertinent information to the VIC
- Safely and humanly restrain animals for medical procedures
- Administer vaccinations, microchips, sedatives, and pre-anesthetic and anesthetic drugs under the supervision of the VIC
- Perform dental exams, create dental estimates, and perform dental cleanings
- Perform diagnostic services such as bloodwork, ear swabs, and skin scrapings for VIC to interpret, document results, and communicate to clients or Administrative Assistants
- Recover pets from anesthesia and involve VIC as needed
- Provide post-operative, vaccination, and microchipping counseling and answer client inquires, forwarding to VIC as appropriate
- Reconcile controlled substance log at the end of business day
- Clean and sanitize veterinary equipment, surgical tools, animal enclosures, work space, lobby, and break room as assigned
- Ensure all supply areas are stocked and report deficiencies to VIC
- Assist VIC in providing oversight, support, and training for Veterinary Assistants
- Engage visitors in non-confrontational, educational conversations regarding animal care, surrender, sheltering policies, etc.
- Work cooperatively with all staff to promote the CHS mission
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Veterinary Technician in the state of Virginia
- Understanding of veterinary medicine, ability to administer vaccinations, microchips, and controlled substances, ability to collect samples for diagnostics, and ability to perform animal restraint as appropriate for an LVT
- Confidence using computer systems and learning new software
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a high-volume, stressful environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to educate clients effectively in English
- Willingness to discuss euthanasia, open-admission sheltering , and surrender of pets in a non-judgmental, non-confrontational, fact-based manner
- Ability to express organizational standpoints when serving as a CHS representative
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to function well independently and as a team member
- Ability to mediate and problem solve in the moment
- Excellent attention to detail; organization skills and ability to multitask
Physical and Time Demands:
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting with distractions
- Ability to work in the presence of animals, wildlife, strong odors, and cleaning solutions
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and lift and carry materials up to 40 lbs
- Ability to handle stress
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable personal transportation
Experienced Full Time and Part time Licensed Veterinary Technician needed. Iron Bridge Animal Hospital, in Chesterfield, Virginia, is seeking qualified, compassionate, gentle Virginia licensed technicians for our AAHA accredited two doctor small animal practice. We are well equipped with digital dental and DR radiography, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, and in-house laboratory. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your e-mail address and a phone number for us to set up an interview.
Cedarcrest Animal Clinic, a board certified avian/canine & feline specialty practice, is seeking a motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented technician to join our staff. We have a strong focus on exceptional client service and patient care. Our well-equipped hospital is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley just 5 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. We offer digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy and chemotherapy and treat a variety of species. Our benefit package includes paid CE, dues, license, retirement plan, uniform allowance, vacation and pet care package. If you would thrive in a busy, challenging position and want to utilize all of your technical skills, send your resume to: email@example.com, or CEDARCREST, PO Box 299, Fishersville, VA 22939
Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia Emergency Department - Signing Bonus!
We are seeking dedicated, compassionate, dependable, professionals to join our highly qualified team as a full time or part time Licensed Veterinary Technician.
The Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia provides an enriching, educational environment with a progressive approach to medicine. We have a strong culture of teamwork. Our team members work very well together and utilize their skills and knowledge every day. New Opportunities to learn are available in order for you to grow your skill set while contributing to the exceptional care we provide to all our patients. Our team members treat every patient as if it was their own pet which ensures the best possible care.
The ideal candidate must have a great work ethic, possess strong client service skills, and be self-motivated, observant, team focused and honest.
Reliability, dependability and flexibility are required!
We are currently hiring for all shifts and weekends will be required. To learn more about our practice, please visit our website at www.VRC-nova.com.
Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia rewards it's full-time team members with competitive hourly rates and a generous comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Advancement Opportunities
- Discounted Veterinary Services for your own personal pets
- Medical and Dental Coverage (after 90 days of employment)
- Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance Aflac services
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Incentive Pay
-Overnight Shift Differential
- Continuing Education
- Mentored Training
- Uniform/Scrub allowance (yearly)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
To pursue these opportunities, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Part-time position, 28 hours per week
The Richmond SPCA is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician for our full-service veterinary hospital, which provides high quality care at low cost to income-qualified pet guardians in the Greater Richmond community, as well as pets adopted from our center and those in the care of local government shelters. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-respected group of doctors, technicians and support staff in the newly-opened Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital.
Primary responsibilities include providing exceptional patient care, client education and assisting veterinarians as directed, among other duties as assigned. The Richmond SPCA offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to make a difference in guaranteeing that all pets receive the veterinary care they need, regardless of their families’ financial capacities.
Successful candidate would be comfortable with basic vet tech skills such as IV catheter placement, blood draws, anesthesia induction, maintenance, and monitoring, surgical prep, and radiographic positioning. Also important are basic wellness and medical knowledge as well as the ability to thrive in a team environment while providing outstanding client communication and patient service.
Applicants must hold a LVT license and possess a current State of Virginia license. Individuals with prior experience in a shelter or fast-paced hospital are encouraged to apply. To become an integral part of this rewarding effort, please send your cover letter, resume, and any inquiries to Lindsay Brockman, Senior Manager of the Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital, at email@example.com.Posted: 7/9/2018
Job Description: Clinic Manager
Classification: Full Time - Non-Exempt
Salary: $30,000 to $35,000
Reports to: Head Veterinarian
Richmond Animal League is seeking a Clinic Manager for Richmond Animal League's Loving Spay & Neuter Clinic. The Clinic Manager is the first contact the general public has with the clinic and demonstrates a commitment to the care of our patients by supporting all clinic staff.
Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm with half-hour unpaid lunch
Oversee and execute daily client/patient administration
General Office Manager Duties
Reporting, Database Management and Analysis
Training and Supervision of Volunteers
Participate in special department projects and other duties relating to the success of the clinic's success as assigned.
- At least two years of previous experience in clinic managemnet
- Knowledge of Avimark or other clinic software highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a challenging and often noisy environment
- Willingness to work with entire RAL team to ensure the best possible experience
Six paid holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
13 days paid time off
Minimum Education Required:
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Dr. Laura Drinkwine at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Veterinary Wellness Center of Roanoke will be opening in July of 2018 and is currently seeking licensed veterinary technicians. Drs. Bridget Hickman and Bridget Quatmann will be providing full service veterinary medical and surgical care as well as integrative therapies to include rehabilitation (similar to physical therapy), acupuncture, herbal or botanical medicine, and veterinary medical manipulation (similar to osteopathic or chiropractic care).
The VWCR mission, as a team of compassionate people, is to promote the well being of animals by providing exceptional medical, surgical and holistic care while educating people to better understand the needs of the animals that share their lives. We are dedicated to providing team members with a work environment that is challenging and satisfying, encouraging both personal and professional growth.
Hours are 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday with most employee hours scheduled during these times. We offer a competitive benefit package: annual CE stipend, uniform allowance, VALVT dues, VA licensing fees, one week paid vacation after year one, several paid holidays per year, personal health and pet insurance options,. New graduates will be considered. Interested individuals should forward questions and resumes to: email@example.com. We will be interviewing candidates June 11th and 18th.
Roanoke Animal Hospital is seeking to add a full time licensed veterinary technician to our staff. We are the oldest AAHA accredited hospital in Virginia and currently have five LVT's, five doctors and full support staff. We are open Mon-Fri 7:30-6 and Saturdays 8-1. Full time employees qualify for our benefits package which includes health/life insurance, disability, dental, simple IRA, uniform allowance, paid CE, paid licenses and dues, occasional bonuses, personal pet discounts, one week PTO after 1 year of employment, and several paid holidays per year.
- Must hold current VA license
- Be familiar with surgical techniques and anesthesia
- Be proficient in laboratory procedures
- Must be a self-starter and have motivation to continue improvement within the hospital
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced/high demand environment
- MUST have a sense of humor
Qualified applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Anna Radcliffe. You may also stop by in person and fill out an application. No calls please.
Rustburg Veterinary Clinic in Rustburg, VA is need of a full or part time LVT. We are a growing, three doctor, small animal veterinary hospital, seven miles south of Lynchburg, VA seeking an LVT to work full time. We will consider part time or flexible schedule. Qualified candidates must hold a current VA license or be studying in an accredited LVT course, have excellent customer service skills, be organized, have a positive attitude and be willing to work as part of an LVT team to provide high quality care for our patients and clients. We have in-house laboratory, digital dental and general radiography, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, surgery and dentistry. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your resume to: Rustburg Veterinary Clinic, 1334 Calohan Rd., Rustburg, VA 24588, email@example.com
2 Full-Time Licensed Veterinary Technicians Wanted
Salem Animal Hospital is currently seeking two Full-time LVTs to join our well established and growing small animal practice! WE are a practice focused on both a high level of medical care as well as customer service.
Our ideal candidate will be an eager new graduate or experienced LVT with a current VA license that is familiar with surgical techniques and anesthesia and proficient in laboratory procedures. We are seeking a professional individual who is passionate about providing exceptional, quality medical care as well as building strong relationships with our clients.
Our hospital is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasound, and therapeutic laser.
Benefits include: paid vacation and several paid holidays, paid licenses, paid CE, health, dental, and vision insurance, simple IRA, and competitive pay commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterinary Surgical Centers (VSC) is looking for an energetic and motivated Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) with anesthesia experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be a positive and energetic individual with one to three years of veterinary experience.
Candidates with experience in specialty veterinary medicine and small animal anesthesia preferred. We are willing to consider candidates with less experience who wish to advance their knowledge and practice of anesthesia. We are looking to fill full-time positions for our Vienna location.
**Fridays, Saturdays and on-call availability required!**
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, paid holidays, uniforms, medical and dental insurance, and discounts on pet care.
VSC has three expanding facilities throughout Northern Virginia, in Winchester, Leesburg, and Vienna. Each VSC practice is housed within a progressive, multi-specialty hospital, where our teams work closely with other veterinary specialists every day. For more information and a list of all current available positions, please visit www.VSCVets.com
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your most recent resume to email@example.com
Veterinary Surgical Centers Rehabilitation (VSCR), a progressive, multi-location small animal physical rehabilitation practice in Northern Virginia, is seeking an experienced Rehabilitation Assistant to join its growing team.
The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills written and verbal, excellent organizational and problem solving skills, be detailed oriented, self-motivated, and be able to work both as part of team and independently.
Duties to include restraining patients, assisting with rehabilitation therapies, scheduling appointments, helping clients, filling prescriptions, light cleaning, equipment maintenance and other tasks as needed. Experience in a veterinary or pet care facility is required. Ability to help lift large dogs (100+ lbs) also is necessary.
This full-time position requires the ability to travel and work out of Leesburg and Vienna, and the schedule will include 4-5 days per week, with Saturdays required.
We offer competitive pay and a full benefits package, including continuing education opportunities, health and life insurance, discounts on pet care, paid holidays and paid time off. Learn more at: www.vscvets.com/rehabilitation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Serious applicants looking for long-term employment only.
Hiring a Part Time or Full Time Licensed Veterinary Technician for our growing, progressive AAHA accredited hospital. Applicant needs strong focus on exceptional patient care and client services, must be motivated and detail oriented.
Our small animal practice also sees exotics, wildlife and works with local rescues. We offer rewarding work with an organized, experienced staff. Generous benefits. Monday -Friday shifts with option of 4 day work week.
Applications available on our website or may be picked up in our office.
Send cover letter and resume to Karen.Putnam@nvanet.com