Piedmont Veterinary Service:
Licensed Veterinary Technician needed for full time position at busy, progressive 3 DVM, 2 LVT small animal animal clinic in Southern Albemarle County. New graduates encouraged to apply. Beautiful rural location, great clients, friendly working environment. Please email resume with cover letter and references to email@example.com or fax to 434-286-6342 Attn: K Degiorgis DVM
The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital is seeking qualified candidates to fill two separate positions as a Small Animal Emergency Technician. This position provides technical support to clinical faculty and senior veterinary students in the ICU/ECC (Emergency Critical Care) sections of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Assists clinicians in receiving emergency patients, help triage and admit patients. Performs critical care nursing procedures in the Intensive Care Unit or treatment areas as directed by clinical faculty and instructs senior veterinary students in technical and manipulative skills relating to ICU/ECC during regular day shift or after hours shifts. On call and covers ICU shifts, including holidays. Assist in other areas as directed by supervisor.
Licensed or licensed eligible in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Veterinary Technician (LVT); working knowledge of basic nursing skills; ability to place intravenous catheters; experience in critical care nursing in a veterinary medical setting; knowledge of CPR; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to safely move and handle up to 50 lbs.; rabies prophylaxis will be required (provided by employer).
At least 2 years experience in a veterinary clinical setting, with emphasis on emergency and critical care. VTS certification in ECC.
For a full description of the position, the requirements, and to apply, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu. To be considered, applicants MUST apply on-line to posting SW0180560. Review of applications will begin on August 28, 2018 and the positing will remain open until filled.
The Chesapeake Humane Society is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician to perform relief work assisting with high-volume spay/neuter, dental procedures, and preventative care. The LVT performs various medical procedures and serves as support to the Medical Doctor and Associate Veterinarians. Relief dates begin on June 15, 2018. Interested parties should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chesapeake Humane Society is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician for a non-exempt, full-time or part-time position. The Chesapeake Humane Society operates a low-cost, high-volume clinic, offering preventative veterinary care, spay/neuter surgery, dentals, and various surgical procedures. The Licensed Veterinary Technician performs some animal medical procedures while providing support to the Veterinarian in Charge (VIC) and Associate Veterinarians of the Chesapeake Human Society (CHS). The incumbent shall uphold and abide by clinic and shelter protocols as set by the Veterinarian in Charge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret medical histories and relay pertinent information to the VIC
- Safely and humanly restrain animals for medical procedures
- Administer vaccinations, microchips, sedatives, and pre-anesthetic and anesthetic drugs under the supervision of the VIC
- Perform dental exams, create dental estimates, and perform dental cleanings
- Perform diagnostic services such as bloodwork, ear swabs, and skin scrapings for VIC to interpret, document results, and communicate to clients or Administrative Assistants
- Recover pets from anesthesia and involve VIC as needed
- Provide post-operative, vaccination, and microchipping counseling and answer client inquires, forwarding to VIC as appropriate
- Reconcile controlled substance log at the end of business day
- Clean and sanitize veterinary equipment, surgical tools, animal enclosures, work space, lobby, and break room as assigned
- Ensure all supply areas are stocked and report deficiencies to VIC
- Assist VIC in providing oversight, support, and training for Veterinary Assistants
- Engage visitors in non-confrontational, educational conversations regarding animal care, surrender, sheltering policies, etc.
- Work cooperatively with all staff to promote the CHS mission
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Veterinary Technician in the state of Virginia
- Understanding of veterinary medicine, ability to administer vaccinations, microchips, and controlled substances, ability to collect samples for diagnostics, and ability to perform animal restraint as appropriate for an LVT
- Confidence using computer systems and learning new software
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a high-volume, stressful environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to educate clients effectively in English
- Willingness to discuss euthanasia, open-admission sheltering , and surrender of pets in a non-judgmental, non-confrontational, fact-based manner
- Ability to express organizational standpoints when serving as a CHS representative
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to function well independently and as a team member
- Ability to mediate and problem solve in the moment
- Excellent attention to detail; organization skills and ability to multitask
Physical and Time Demands:
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting with distractions
- Ability to work in the presence of animals, wildlife, strong odors, and cleaning solutions
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and lift and carry materials up to 40 lbs
- Ability to handle stress
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable personal transportation
Experienced Full Time and Part time Licensed Veterinary Technician needed. Iron Bridge Animal Hospital, in Chesterfield, Virginia, is seeking qualified, compassionate, gentle Virginia licensed technicians for our AAHA accredited two doctor small animal practice. We are well equipped with digital dental and DR radiography, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, and in-house laboratory. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Include your e-mail address and a phone number for us to set up an interview.
Cedarcrest Animal Clinic, a board certified avian/canine & feline specialty practice, is seeking a motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented technician to join our staff. We have a strong focus on exceptional client service and patient care. Our well-equipped hospital is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley just 5 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. We offer digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy and chemotherapy and treat a variety of species. Our benefit package includes paid CE, dues, license, retirement plan, uniform allowance, vacation and pet care package. If you would thrive in a busy, challenging position and want to utilize all of your technical skills, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or CEDARCREST, PO Box 299, Fishersville, VA 22939
Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia Emergency Department - Signing Bonus!
We are seeking dedicated, compassionate, dependable, professionals to join our highly qualified team as a full time or part time Licensed Veterinary Technician.
The Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia provides an enriching, educational environment with a progressive approach to medicine. We have a strong culture of teamwork. Our team members work very well together and utilize their skills and knowledge every day. New Opportunities to learn are available in order for you to grow your skill set while contributing to the exceptional care we provide to all our patients. Our team members treat every patient as if it was their own pet which ensures the best possible care.
The ideal candidate must have a great work ethic, possess strong client service skills, and be self-motivated, observant, team focused and honest.
Reliability, dependability and flexibility are required!
We are currently hiring for all shifts and weekends will be required. To learn more about our practice, please visit our website at www.VRC-nova.com.
Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia rewards it's full-time team members with competitive hourly rates and a generous comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Advancement Opportunities
- Discounted Veterinary Services for your own personal pets
- Medical and Dental Coverage (after 90 days of employment)
- Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance Aflac services
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Incentive Pay
-Overnight Shift Differential
- Continuing Education
- Mentored Training
- Uniform/Scrub allowance (yearly)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
To pursue these opportunities, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Short Pump Animal Hospital is looking for Full and Part Time Licensed Veterinary Technician for their busy animal hospital.
- Current licensure in State of Virginia
- Satisfaction of Continuing Education requirements (Virginia and AAHA)
- Proficiency in general practical knowledge of the filed of Veterinary Medicine
- "Team Player" personality
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Work with assistants to start appointments, obtain history, address client concerns. Obtain initial samples for testing. Prepare (but do not mix) any anticipated vaccines.
- Advise client on any concerns about behavior, nutrition or other problems
- Ask if client needs any refills or additional services while here
- Preform any procedures requested (nail trims, anal glands, laser treatments, etc)
- Collect specimens for evaluation: blood, urine, etc.
- Analyze samples in-house or prepare samples for submission to reference labs
- Record all lab results in log and/or computer. Download into computer as needed.
- Monitor supplies and order as needed
Radiology/Laser Therapy/Other Treatments:
- Take and process radiographs as requested by DVM
- Perform laser treatments as requested by DVM
- Place IV catheters, start fluids, do initial treatments as requested by DVM
- Wound care/suture removals/bandage changes as requested by DVM
- Perform or assist with Check-in appointments for surgeries/dentals/drop-offs
- Pre-operative exams, record data on surgical sheets and in computer
- Calculation and administration of pre-anesthetic drugs. Administration of sedation or general anesthesia. Monitoring of patients during and after anesthesia
- Call owners postoperatively unless DVM prefers to do
- Recording of surgical notes in computer and in surgery log
- Recording of controlled drugs in controlled drug log
- Assist with preparation/clean up of surgery/dental areas and of surgery packs/drapes
- Cleaning according to cleaning check list for everyone
- Assist with answering phones as needed
- Answer client inquiries referred by receptionists
- Fill any prescription requests in hospital and on-line/fax
Part-time position, 28 hours per week
The Richmond SPCA is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician for our full-service veterinary hospital, which provides high quality care at low cost to income-qualified pet guardians in the Greater Richmond community, as well as pets adopted from our center and those in the care of local government shelters. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-respected group of doctors, technicians and support staff in the newly-opened Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital.
Primary responsibilities include providing exceptional patient care, client education and assisting veterinarians as directed, among other duties as assigned. The Richmond SPCA offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to make a difference in guaranteeing that all pets receive the veterinary care they need, regardless of their families’ financial capacities.
Successful candidate would be comfortable with basic vet tech skills such as IV catheter placement, blood draws, anesthesia induction, maintenance, and monitoring, surgical prep, and radiographic positioning. Also important are basic wellness and medical knowledge as well as the ability to thrive in a team environment while providing outstanding client communication and patient service.
Applicants must hold a LVT license and possess a current State of Virginia license. Individuals with prior experience in a shelter or fast-paced hospital are encouraged to apply. To become an integral part of this rewarding effort, please send your cover letter, resume, and any inquiries to Lindsay Brockman, Senior Manager of the Susan M. Markel Veterinary Hospital, at firstname.lastname@example.org.Posted: 7/9/2018
Vinton Veterinary Hospital is growing! We are seeking a service oriented, highly motivated Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our award winning team. As a hospital, we are committed to providing high quality, compassionate patient care and superior service to our clients and community. Our hospital Core Values are: Compassion, Team Work, Professional, Trustworthy, Dedication and Innovation.
The Licensed Veterinary Technician position offer an excellent opportunity to utilize your skills and knowledge, as well as the chance to learn and grow. We offer competitive compensation, health insurance, paid holidays and paid vacation.
Skills required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Exceptional Client Communication Skills
- Client Education Skills (including Wellness, Vaccines and Nutrition)
- Ability to Perform Patient Admission and Discharge Directives
- Ability to Perform all Clinical Aspects of Patient Care (including fear free patient restraint, medication administration, sample collection and injections)
- Anesthesia Support Skills
- Ability to Lead by Example
- Well Organized and Clean
- Team Oriented
If you are interested in this opportunity in a rapidly expanding, fast paced environment on a progressive, exceptionally devoted team, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or contact Heather or Sonya at 540-342-7821
Hiring a Part Time or Full Time Licensed Veterinary Technician for our growing, progressive AAHA accredited hospital. Applicant needs strong focus on exceptional patient care and client services, must be motivated and detail oriented.
Our small animal practice also sees exotics, wildlife and works with local rescues. We offer rewarding work with an organized, experienced staff. Generous benefits. Monday -Friday shifts with option of 4 day work week.
Applications available on our website or may be picked up in our office.
Send cover letter and resume to Karen.Putnam@nvanet.com