Fredericksburg SPCA: Veterinary Technician
The Veterinary Technician will assist our Shelter Veterinarian with all treatment and care of animal patients. The Veterinary Technician will report to the Shelter Veterinarian and Executive Director. The Fredericksburg SPCA is a highly progressive animal welfare organization. This is a fast-paced environment focused on providing high quality, high volume spay and neuter surgeries. The ideal candidate will work well on a team as well as take the initiative to complete tasks as an individual. We look for easy-going, low-drama folks, who maintain a positive attitude and have a sense of humor. The ideal candidate will be timely, reliable, courteous and respectful to team members, hard-working, dress professionally (scrubs), an excellent communicator, and easy-going. We value respect and hard work and optimism. We work hard, but like to have fun while doing it! Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Essential Functions of the Job Include:
- Assist coordinating daily surgery, treatment schedules; perform pre-surgical duties, physical exams
- Transport animals to and from surgery
- Calculate, administer, and record pre-anesthetic drugs
- Assist with patient surgical preparation including surgery field clipping and sterile preparation
- Restrain animals for anesthetic induction and surgical preparation
- Monitor vital signs of sedated and anesthetized patients
- Complete the controlled drug logs
- Fill prescriptions and follow Board of Pharmacy Protocols
- Administer medical treatments and vaccines following SPCA protocols
- Prep lab samples, assist with diagnostics and evaluate in-house lab work
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical, medical and dentistry procedures
- Clean, wrap, and sterilize surgical instruments, disinfect kennels, carriers, and equipment
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner with clients and coworkers
- Ensure quality medical record keeping
- Follow written and verbally communicated SOPs
- Communicate necessary medical information to appropriate shelter staff, clients and caseworkers
- Assist with euthanasia of animals when needed
- Maintain inventory and ensure supplies are available
- Maintain departmental procedures and protocols
- Follow shelter and clinic safety guidelines
- Host training for Animal Care Technicians
- Oversee medical licenses with board of pharmacy
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Licensed Preferred or must be currently enrolled in the last semester of the LVT program
- 1-2 years of experienced preferred
- Knowledge of vet tech and animal shelter procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of restraint, handling techniques, general animal safety practices, including recognizing animal behavior patterns
- Strong data entry skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work effectively - independently and in teams - and in an atmosphere of multiple projects, competing priorities, and deadline pressures
- Ability to be flexible and detail oriented
- Computer literacy w/ proficient use of programs including Microsoft Office programs, G-Suite, Internet, and database software - knowledge of Clinic HQ and PetPoint a PLUS!
- Passion for SPCA mission; for caring of all animals regardless of age, breed, temperament or species.
- Regular exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal feces, bites, scratches
- May be exposed to:
- Deceased, fractious, or aggressive animals
- Hostile, irate persons
- Zoonotic or other diseases
- Unpleasant noises, odors, sights
- Extreme temperatures
- Must be able to:
- Work with cats, dogs, and small animals
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted regularly, and 50+ pounds with assistance
- Frequently bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, stoop, and grip
- Work around pet dander, dust and other allergens without issue
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to reach or feel; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch during entire shift
- Work around children and with the public
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships with clients and fellow staff members
- Adapt to a fast-paced and changing work environment that may sometimes be stressful and emotionally charged
Education & Experience
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Licensed Veterinary Technician preferred or must be currently enrolled in the last semester of the LVT program)
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Experience with shelter medicine preferred
- Ability to pass basic vet tech skills assessment during interview process
Full-set scrubs are required (tops and bottoms) with closed-toe shoes. Occasionally, jeans and an SPCA logo shirt are appropriate.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position in which the employee will be scheduled a minimum of 32 hours per week and a maximum of 40 hours per week. This position will have infrequent overtime. Ability to come in after hours to perform emergency procedures.
- A 60-day probationary period for the purposes of position suitability will begin on the start date
- If currently a full time Fredericksburg SPCA employee; the employee's full-time benefits and PTO accruals will not be affected by probationary period. If a newly hired employee, the employee will be eligible for benefits the first of the month following the 60 day probationary.
Terms of Employment
In accepting this offer of employment, you certify your understanding that your employment will be on an at-will basis, and that neither you nor any Fredericksburg Regional SPCA (henceforth SPCA) representative have entered into a contract regarding the terms or duration of your employment. As an at-will employee, you will be free to terminate your employment with the SPCA at any time, with or without case or advanced notice. Likewise, the SPCA will have the right to reassign you, to change your compensation, or to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advanced notice. At the termination of employment, any relevant SPCA documents, software, data, or information must be turned over to the SPCA.
Interested applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 6 doctor small animal AAHA hospital, and are looking for an outgoing, compassionate person who is able to multi-task and remain detail oriented. While most of our patients are cats & dogs, we do treat exotics and injured wildlife. Applicants must be licensed. Our hospital teams utilize technicians to their fullest potential and we provide an environment for continued development. We are looking to add a full or part time team member who will enhance our practice and become an integral part of our team.
Duties include but are not limited to: patient & client care, surgery, radiology, lab, client education, and general hospital care. We are looking for a team player to provide quality veterinary care making client service a priority.
We offer full time employees great benefits, including but not limited to: competitive pay, health insurance for you and your family, pet health benefits, continuing education, uniforms, vacation, 401k, STD, LTD, life insurance. Please visit our website for more information about our practice and meet our team! www.GreatFallsAnimalHospital.com
Do you have these qualities? Do you enjoy working with people and pets? If so we look forward to hearing from you. Please send resume in PDF to: email@example.com
Are you experienced in emergency medicine? Do you have a desire to work with a positive, collaborative team? If you answered yes, we encourage you to apply.
Veterinary Referral and Critical Care is a privately-owned emergency/specialty hospital just two miles from Short Pump in Richmond, VA.
We offer emergency, internal medicine, neurology, and surgery. We are looking for the best of the best in gold standard medicine.
Must be available during the week, weekends, and holidays. In addition to caring for hospitalized patients you will be helping with emergent patients coming in the door. Some weekends will be required. Two years of experience as a Licensed Veterinary Technician is preferred. In this position you will be supporting our Doctor team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients.
VRCC offers great benefits. Along with competitive pay, we also offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, a generous pet discount, 401K, and paid time off.
If you want to be part of a positive team that prides themselves in providing high quality medicine, we want to hear from you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
_____________________________________________________________Seeking a motivated individual with extensive horse experience for an ambulatory veterinary technician (LVT)/veterinary assistant position at an equine practice. Will consider long-term hire or a short-term hire for someone wanting to gain experience who wishes to pursue a career in equine veterinary medicine.
Virginia Equine PLLC is located in Manakin-Sabot, VA (just 20 minutes outside the city of Richmond).
Job position: LVT or veterinary assistant. Primarily ambulatory work, with about 15% clinic-based work (hospital care, injectable anesthesia, lab work). Will work predominately with one veterinarian.
Benefits and salary pending experience level.
- In depth horse knowledge and experience
- LVT license (however non-licensed individuals will be considered if other qualifications are outstanding)
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Inquires call: Dr. Lindsay Neist, 804.514.7157
*Under New Management*
Consider joining our team as we work to make an awesome animal hospital into an exceptional animal hospital!
Licensed veterinary technician needed for busy small animal hospital in Richmond. Potential candidates considering full-time, part-time or relief hours are all welcome! We are willing to discuss a flexible schedule: Full-time 4-tens or 5-eights; part-time or relief technicians can work a set schedule with flexibility. Paid lunches are also a benefit that our employees enjoy!
For full-time employees, we offer an excellent benefit package including full coverage for medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and discounts on personal pet care / product purchases. Ask us about a sign on bonus for full-time candidates!
Experience with AVImark preferred but not required. Experience preferred VA state license required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Roanoke Animal Hospital is seeking to add a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician to our team. We are the oldest AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) accredited hospital in Virginia and currently have 4 LVT's, 4 Doctors and full support staff. We are open Mon-Fri 7:30-6 and Saturday's 8-1. Full time employees qualify for our competitive benefits package.
- Must hold a current Virginia Veterinary Technician License
- Must have graduated from an accredited veterinary technician program
- Must be familiar with surgical techniques and anesthesia
- Be proficient in laboratory procedures such as cytology
- Must be a self-starter and have motivation to continue personal improvement within the hospital
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced/high demand environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without help
- Must have a sense of humor and be a team player
Qualified applicants should email their resume to email@example.com Attn: Anna Radcliffe or Thomas Blaszak. No calls please.
Veterinary Surgical Centers (VSC) is looking for a motivated Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our growing teams in Vienna, VA and Leesburg, VA. The ideal candidate will be a positive and energetic individual with one to three years of veterinary experience.
Candidates with experience in specialty veterinary medicine and small animal anesthesia will be preferred. We are willing to consider candidates with less experience who wish to advance their knowledge and practice of anesthesia. We are looking to fill full-time positions for our Vienna and Leesburg locations. Fridays, Saturdays and on-call availability required.
*** $1,000 Signing Bonus ***
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, paid holidays, uniforms, medical and dental insurance, and discounts on pet care. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VSC has three expanding facilities throughout Northern Virginia, in Winchester, Leesburg, and Vienna. Each VSC practice is housed within a progressive, multi-specialty hospital, where our teams work closely with other veterinary specialists every day. For more information and a list of all current available positions, please visit us at www.VSCVets.com.
We are growing and looking for talented and enthusiastic team members! Progressive small animal practice located in Warrenton, Virginia seeks to add to our patient care team. Fully equipped facility with a focus on client services and the highest level of patient care offers a great development opportunity for the right individual looking to join a devoted and fun team. Applicants seeking Part-time also encouraged to apply. We have won Best of Fauquier 14 years in a row as Best Veterinary Practice.
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our team in Warrenton, VA. We are seeking an individual who holds a passion for providing excellent service to our clients and patients. As a veterinary Technician, responsibilities include, but are not limited to client education, assisting Doctors, placing IV catheters, obtaining radiographs, monitoring anesthesia, assisting in surgery, and providing patient care.
Required Qualifications, Education, Experience:
- Current license or license eligible to practice as a LVT in VA
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, as needed.
- Qualified candidates should be friendly, poised and have a client focused approach
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience as a Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Have a broad knowledge of animal science, and medicine, including a basic knowledge of pharmacology and sufficient mathematical skills to ensure the administration of accurate drug and fluid doses.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle stressful situations and events in a calm, supportive manner
Ability to work flexible schedule and some Saturdays. Regular weekdays can be arranged. 540-349-7200.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Seven Bends Veterinary Hospital is looking for someone who enjoys working with the public in a fast-paced environment and providing service with a smile. Excellent client service skills, communication skills and ability to multi-task are a must - we are a busy practice and there is always a client or patient to serve. If you enjoy doing something different every day, having regular challenges and new things to learn then you are who we are looking for!
MAJOR JOB TASKS:
· Patient care for feline and canine patients in a 3-4 DVM practice
· Possesses skills for work including catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, surgical preparation, dispensing/administration of pharmaceuticals, patient recovery, equipment maintenance and other inpatient care needs
· Possesses skills for work including vital/history taking, client education, treatment plan prep/review, dispensing/administration of pharmaceuticals and ability to assist a veterinarian with outpatient care needs
· Perform all laboratory in-hospital procedures and to prepare specimens for outside laboratories
· Assist veterinarians in client follow up via phone calls, emailing and texting regarding lab work, patient care and updates
· Daily opening and closing procedures
MAJOR JOB SKILLS:
· Must possess and maintain a Virginia state Veterinary Technician license
· Work well under pressure and have the ability to multi-task
· Work well as a team member and be professional at all times
· Enjoy working with computers, have a moderate level of comfort/skill with technology and be willing to learn about new technology
· Be enthusiastic and eager to learn
There is flexibility with this position full time preferred but would consider a part time schedule for the right candidate. We are open 4 days a week from 7:30am-8pm M-Th, 7:30am-4:30pm Fri and Sun from 2pm-5pm. Availability to work as part of our Sunday rotation at least once a month is a requirement of employment.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline your customer service experience, any veterinary experience you may have, what you are looking for in your next position and what you are looking for in terms of culture in your next job. Your cover letter should also address your salary requirements. Candidates that pass the first screening and meet our current needs will be contacted for interviews. All candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to beginning employment. Thank you for your time.
Please email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
SafetyCall's Pet Poison Helpline is hiring remote licensed and unlicensed Veterinary Technicians to work from home in Virginia! Are you looking for a fulfilling, hands-off position in the vet field? Check us out!
Remote staff must be able to meet the IT requirements described on our page.
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall's industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting on the industry side. Information Specialists also handle minor human exposures.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Now hiring for Overnights, Evenings, Mid and Float shift positions. View all the details on our careers page!
Please visit our careers page to learn about our job and remote IT requirements and how to apply!
Full Time Licensed Veterinary Technicians or Student LVTs Wanted
Interested in joining one of the largest, progressive, emergency veterinary clinics on the peninsula?
The Peninsula Animal Referral Center is seeking compassionate; team-oriented experienced, positive full-time and part-time Licensed Veterinary Technicians for our emergency department. Applicants must have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping client and patients alike.
We offer competitive salaries, and additional benefits. Must have 1-3 years' experience. Student LVTs with hands on experience may apply.
Our 12,000 sq ft emergency & referral center is located between historic Williamsburg and the Virginia Beach/Norfolk metropolitan area. Amenities of this state-of-the-art facility include extensive monitoring and diagnostic equipment, and digital radiography. The emergency practice is located in a separate area of the referral center and has enjoyed strong support from area practices for the past 40 years. Specialty practice includes a Cardiologist, Internist, Ophthalmologist and Surgeon.
If you are interested in learning more, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 757-596-6060 Attn: EVC.
Visit www.parcvets.com for more information on our facility, employment opportunities, and the PVA!
Kiln Creek Animal Care, located in Southeastern Virginia, is a modern 3 doctor small animal practice. We are currently seeking a motivated and confident Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our already exceptional team of veterinary professionals. Candidates must be willing to dedicate themselves to provide excellent patient and client care. We are a fear free facility that is fully equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house laboratory, digital dental radiography, therapeutic laser and more. We fully utilize our technicians to allow them to grow and use their knowledge and skills. Our team is supportive of someone seeking to gain experience in a teaching environment or has experience and is looking for an amazing place to practice.
The right candidate will be articulate, dependable, detail-oriented, able to multitask, friendly, and love not only pets, but their people as well. We uphold a work environment based upon integrity, honesty, respect, outstanding communication and personal responsibility. A good sense of humor is always welcome.
For our full time employees we offer competitive benefits to include generous discounts for your pet and Fear-free certification. If this job is for you, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.