Veterinary Emergency Treatment Service & Specialty (VETSS) is looking to add a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to our growing team. We are a 7-doctor, general and emergency practice open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Our modern facility is located in beautiful and historic Charlottesville, VA, an area that offers a wide variety of outdoor activities and entertainment. At VETSS, LVT’s are an essential part of our practice and therefore are highly utilized and valued. LVT’s are encouraged to grow professionally and personally and have the opportunity to further develop their skills both in practice and with a generous Continuing Education allowance. Additional full-time benefits include health and dental insurance, paid time off, paid professional memberships and participation in our 401-K program, among others. We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Barker Animal Hospital, we value the importance of building client relationships and educating them on their pet's health and needs. We stand out among the nearby vet clinics because of our unique wellness programs we offer and the fact that we are fear free certified.
As a Fear Free certified practice, we implement low stress and fear free handling techniques for all pets. This makes for a low-stress vet visit for everyone involved, including our employees. The selected candidate will be required to complete their own Fear Free certification to help maintain our practice's certification.
In addition, the right candidate will also possess these attributes and requirements:
- Must be licensed in the state of Virginia
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Be comfortable around animals
- Understand and implement low-stress handling techniques
- Basic laboratory skills required
- Place intravenous catheters
- Perform dental radiographs and prophylaxis
- Intubate, extubate and recover surgical patients
- Anticipate doctors' needs
- Utilize practice management software
Benefits include: 401K, Health Insurance, PTO, Bonuses
Preferred experience: 1 year veterinary technician
Contact: email@example.com for more information.
Licensed Veterinary Technician - Experienced Full Time and Part Time needed. Iron Bridge Animal Hospital, in Chesterfield Virginia, is seeking qualified, compassionate, gentle Virginia Licensed Veterinary Technicians for our AAHA accredited two doctor small animal practice. We are well equipped with digital dental and DR radiography, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, and in-house laboratory. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Send email and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. 804-743-1704.
COME JOIN THE TEAM OF A PROGRESSIVE AND FRIENDLY ANIMAL HOSPITAL!
We are searching for a Part-Time Licensed Technician who wants to use their skills to provide the highest quality of care. Join the exceptional team at Earlysville Animal Hospital. We are an AAHA-accredited, Cat Friendly and Fear Free Practice.
We are searching for a Licensed Veterinary Technician who has outstanding technical skills and enjoys working with pets and their owners. Experience preferred but will train the right candidate. Our technicians are utilized to their fullest potential and are offered many opportunities to learn new skills. We would love to find a friendly, energetic individual that feels comfortable multi-tasking. Technicians routinely perform dentals and anesthetic procedures daily. We have digital dental radiography and technicians are trained to be proficient in taking full mouth radiographs.
We are a busy, six veterinarian hospital that is well equipped with technology including an in-house lab, ultrasound, low level laser, and digital radiography. We offer a variety of services needed to serve our clients and their pets including Preventive Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry, Behavior Medicine, Acupuncture, and Reproduction.
Benefits include a great hourly rate, career growth potential, training and more.
Please visit our website at: www.earlysvilleanimalhospital.com. Email your resume to email@example.com
Are you looking for a fulfilling opportunity to work exclusively with cats? The Cat Hospital of Fairfax, Inc. is announcing an opening for a full-time, Professional Licensed Veterinary Technician. We are a Gold-certified Feline Friendly, two doctor practice located near beautiful Old Town Fairfax City in Virginia. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated addition to our team. Our mission is to provide high quality and individualized care to each of our patients through a team approach.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to administration and monitoring of anesthesia; surgical preparation; administration of medications parenterally and orally; collection of laboratory samples and specimens; working knowledge of diagnostic and treatment equipment such as blood pressure unit, IV pump, dental and full body digital radiography, and anesthesia and surgical equipment; client communication and education; patient care and comfort; feline friendly handling techniques; laser therapy; Idexx in-house laboratory systems; endoscopy assistance and specimen preparation; and proficiency in the AviMark Veterinary Software. We also offer alternative therapies through Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine techniques such as acupuncture, massage, herbal therapies, and food therapies.
We offer continuing education opportunities including AAFP conference, medical benefits, and personal pet care discounts. Compensation varies by experience and can range from $24-$28 / hour. Hospital hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM with no emergency or weekend hours.
Interested applicants please attach a letter of intent and resume, Attn. Dr. Janette Ellison, using the application tab. If you have questions or would like to know more, please contact Dr. Janette Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TenderCare Veterinary Center is seeking a full-time or part-time Licensed Veterinary Technician who has a passion for providing extraordinary, loving care to companion animals in a modern, well-equipped facility.
- Strong work ethic, a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask and respond to shifting priorities with accuracy and dependability
- Self motivation
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Sincere desire to provide the utmost care with compassion to patients and clients
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please include a cover letter with your resume and send to: email@example.com
Visit us at www.tendercarevetcenter.com
Come join our team at Shady Grove Animal Clinic in Glen Allen, Virginia. We are a busy, 4 doctor practice looking for a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician. New graduates or experienced techs are all welcome. You’ll be working alongside two LVT’s and a staff of outgoing assistants and receptionists. We offer everything from wellness exams to eastern medicine.
As an LVT at SGAC you can expect to stay busy but enjoy some great benefits. Bring your pet to work for discounted services, work with your own assistant, and enjoy a 1-hour lunch break. SGAC is closed every other Saturday. As an LVT you will only work 1 Saturday a month. You will also enjoy free prevention from our reps, Lunch and Learns, and a CE allowance. Our clinic is up-to-date with digital x-ray, an in-house laboratory, an online pharmacy, a therapeutic laser, ultrasound and we are paperless!
Strong anesthesia skills
Confident in microscopy and running lab work
Willing to learn new technology
Competitive pay ($18-$24/hr.)
Paid time off
Simple IRA with match
If you want to provide extraordinary animal care with us here at SGAC please reach out! Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
SEEKING Veterinary Technician!!
The Animal Hospital of Lynchburg is seeking a friendly, high-energy, client-oriented LVT to join our team in our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. We are a companion animal, avian & exotic, AAHA practice offering a competitive salary, health insurance and a retirement plan. In addition, we provide paid continuing education, uniforms, technical journals, sick, vacation and holiday time as well as discounts for personal pet care, and profit sharing. Visit our website at www.LynchburgVet.com for more information about our hospital, services and philosophies. If you wish to utilize your skills to the fullest, in an atmosphere where you can learn and grow, please contact Dr. Rick Krason or Dr. Jean Krason at The Animal Hospital of Lynchburg, 1705 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, Virginia, 24501, (434) 845-7021, or E-Mail us at LynchburgVet@msn.com for more information and correspondence.
Do you have a passion for animals and their welfare? Do you want to work for an organization that positively influences and educates the lives of others, a place that believes in conservation and sustaining the environment, a place where you are building a better future for you and your community? If the answer is yes, then the Virginia Living Museum has a place for you! We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, mission driven person to join our Veterinary Team as a Licensed Veterinary Technician!
Job Description: Licensed Veterinary Technician
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, 21 hours/week (on-site)
Department: Animal Welfare and Conservation
General Statement of Duties:
The Veterinary Technician is responsible for providing the Lead Veterinarian with clinical support in the medical and surgical care of the Museum's live animal collection. The Veterinary Technician assists the Lead Veterinarian with the implementation of the Veterinary care program and maintenance of all Veterinary department protocols. The position recognizes the capacity to achieve greater results by integrating skilled volunteers and leveraging their diverse knowledge and abilities. The Veterinary Technician reports directly to the Lead Veterinarian.
- Degree obtained from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology Program
- Three or more years of experience as a veterinary technician in a zoological, aquarium, or exotic animal specialty practice/setting.
- Maintains all appropriate veterinary technician licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Proficiency in animal restraint, sample collection techniques, patient monitoring, cytology, hematology, parasitology, radiographic positioning, and intravenous catheter placement.
- Knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, behavior, handling, and anesthesia techniques of zoological species
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and surgical equipment cleaning and sterilization in addition to knowledge of infectious disease control and quarantine practices.
- Experience in maintenance of electronic records (Species 360).
- Chemical immobilization training preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instruction from the Lead Veterinarian
- Must display initiative and good judgement
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of an immediate supervisor
- Must have proof of current rabies vaccination or agree to be vaccinated at the museums expense.
- First Aid and CPR certified or agree to become at museums expense
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to remain calm, make sound decisions, and provide direction in a crisis situation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a positive, enthusiastic representative of the Virginia Living Museum
- Enhances the success of the department by providing effective oversight to volunteers
- Enhances the Guest Experience by assisting the Lead Veterinarian in preparation and execution of all medical procedures including setting up equipment and supplies, chemical and/or manual restraint, monitoring patients under anesthesia or sedation and during recovery, administration of medical treatments, production of radiographs, diagnostic sample collection and analysis, medical record keeping, and gross necropsy.
- Conducts all in-house laboratory analysis including chemistry, cytology, fecal analysis, hematology, urinalysis, and proper sample handling and processing for outside laboratories and research collaborations.
- As directed by the Lead Veterinarian, fills prescription and administers treatments
- Creates and maintains medical records of all diagnostics sample results, anesthesia records, histopathology reports, veterinary specialist consult reports, and keeper communication.
- Maintains medical supply and drug inventory, controlled drug logs, and appropriate disposal of expired drugs and supplies
- Maintains professional relationships with local AZA facility veterinarians and consulting veterinary specialists
- Serves as a liaison for all animal health concerns to the Lead Veterinarian and/or the designated on-call/relief veterinarian while the Lead Veterinarian is off-site.
- Performs emergency triage and treatment of the collection in the absence of or under the supervision of the Lead Veterinarian
- Maintains clinic, surgery, radiology, and necropsy areas in a professional manner. Assists in the operation and maintenance of all veterinary laboratory and imaging equipment
- Maintains chemical immobilization equipment and participates in routine staff training.
- Helps train and coordinate veterinary assistants as needed.
- Transports animals when necessary for facility transfer and/or medical treatment
- Follows museum safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements:
- Must be able to work occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays and be on-call when necessary
- Must be able to perceive detailed information through oral communication
- Must display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and/or exert up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to move throughout the Museum's building(s) and outdoor trail as needed
- Must have a visual acuity to be able to operate motor vehicles and/or equipment
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and utilize repetitive motions
- The candidate will be subject to outdoor environmental conditions such as heat, cold, wind, rain and humidity
Supervision Exercised: None
Qualified applicants please submit VLM application, cover letter, resume, and references. No phone calls, please.
Mail: Human Resources
Virginia Living Museum
524 J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23601
Hanging Rock Animal Hospital is a Fear Free and AAHA certified three Doctor practice nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Roanoke VA. We are a progressive small animal practice with an emphasis on preventive and wellness care. Additional services provided are digital radiography (including dental), ultrasound, laboratory services, hospital and intensive care, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, class IV laser therapy, acupuncture and holistic medicine, and much more. Please visit our website for additional information on our facility, staff and services.
We expect all team members to embrace our mission as a promise to our clients: As an extension of our family, we promise to work with you to nurture the bond between you and your pet by providing individualized care in a safe and comfortable environment. Our team also adheres to the hospital’s vision by following our core values: Care, Respect, Dependability, Compassion and Honesty
One or more years of experience as a licensed technician are required. Proficient surgical and dental skills are a must. Excellent laboratory, pharmacology, time management and work flow skills are a must. Must have flexible schedule and be able to work Saturdays. We require team members to have a positive attitude, be team oriented, and have a desire to learn new skills and protocols. You must be able to work confidently with people, maintain a clean hospital and work area, handle dogs and cats with confidence, stand and be mobile for long periods of time, sit and lean for extended periods of time, admit and discharge patients, fill prescriptions, accurately perform laboratory tests, perform basic computer tasks, lift 40 pounds, problem solve and keep a sense of humor all at the same time. Client communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent record keeping are a must. Our current needs are for a full time team member working 35-40 hours per week. Weekends and occasional holiday hours are also required.
Compensation will vary depending on experience and skills but will likely range between 12 and 15 dollars per hour. Applicants with additional years of relevant experience will be compensated at a higher rate. We believe happy, healthy team members are more productive therefore we provide generous benefits including health, dental, vacation days, continuing education stipend, uniform allowance, and retirement plans.
Please send résumé and inquiries to Hanging Rock Animal Hospital 1910 Loch Haven Dr. Roanoke VA 24019 or email@example.com
Seven Bends Veterinary Hospital is looking for someone who enjoys working with the public in a fast-paced environment and providing service with a smile. Excellent client service skills, communication skills and ability to multi-task are a must - we are a busy practice and there is always a client or patient to serve. If you enjoy doing something different every day, having regular challenges and new things to learn then you are who we are looking for!
MAJOR JOB TASKS:
· Patient care for feline and canine patients in a 3-4 DVM practice
· Possesses skills for work including catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, surgical preparation, dispensing/administration of pharmaceuticals, patient recovery, equipment maintenance and other inpatient care needs
· Possesses skills for work including vital/history taking, client education, treatment plan prep/review, dispensing/administration of pharmaceuticals and ability to assist a veterinarian with outpatient care needs
· Perform all laboratory in-hospital procedures and to prepare specimens for outside laboratories
· Assist veterinarians in client follow up via phone calls, emailing and texting regarding lab work, patient care and updates
· Daily opening and closing procedures
MAJOR JOB SKILLS:
· Must possess and maintain a Virginia state Veterinary Technician license
· Work well under pressure and have the ability to multi-task
· Work well as a team member and be professional at all times
· Enjoy working with computers, have a moderate level of comfort/skill with technology and be willing to learn about new technology
· Be enthusiastic and eager to learn
There is flexibility with this position full time preferred but would consider a part time schedule for the right candidate. We are open 4 days a week from 7:30am-8pm M-Th, 7:30am-4:30pm Fri and Sun from 2pm-5pm.Availability to work as part of our Sunday rotation at least once a month is a requirement of employment.
To be considered any position, please submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline your customer service experience, any veterinary experience you may have, what you are looking for in your next position and what you are looking for in terms of culture in your next job. Your cover letter should also address your salary requirements. Candidates that pass the first screening and meet our current needs will be contacted for interviews. All candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to beginning employment. Thank you for your time.
Please email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining one of the largest, progressive, emergency and specialty veterinary clinics on the peninsula? The Peninsula Animal Referral Center is actively seeking experienced, dedicated, hardworking, and self-driven Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our 24-hour emergency department. Applicants must have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping client and patient alike. We value a work-life balance and will provide you with a consistent schedule to accommodate this!
Our 12,000 sq. ft emergency & referral center is located between historic Williamsburg and the Virginia Beach/Norfolk metropolitan area. Amenities of this state-of-the-art facility include extensive monitoring and diagnostic equipment, and digital radiography. The emergency practice is located in a separate area of the referral center and has enjoyed strong support from area practices for the past 45 years. These positions offer the opportunity to practice emergency medicine in a beautiful facility with collegial support from other specialties to include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology and Surgery.
We offer competitive salaries, and additional benefits. The emergency department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Must have 1-3 years’ experience. Student LVTs with hands on experience may apply. If you are interested in learning more, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 757-596-6060 Attn: PARC ER department. Visit www.parcvets.com for more information on our facility, employment opportunities, and the PVA!